Monday 10 May 2010

I have purchased an Atlantis 3&2 seater from sofaland which is based in Liverpool.
Sofaland are an online company which I found through e bay.
Upon my delivery of the sofas I learned that the 2 seater was damaged with a tear in it, roughly the size of just under an inch.
Soon as this was noticed I called up to explain about what I had came across and I was asked to send an email with a photo attached of the tear.
Every time I called then I was told it wasn't possible to speak with the manager and I was told to wait until the following Monday to call back in so I did.
I was also told over the phone that it would be no problem to exchange the goods and they will contact me by phone to arrange when this could take place, to which I was pleased.
After being promised this I received an email insinuating that I caused the damage myself and they will not be looking to exchange the product.
Bearing in mind that in my previous conversations over the phone with a member of their staff they had said that the damage possibly been caused on their end.
I felt hard done by this situation and I thought that it would be wise to warn others about this problem so it doesn't happen again.
I totally would not recommend this company to anyone at all, as I experienced being told one thing by one person and another by someone else and they are not willing to resolve this issue.

2 comments:

  1. DE JA VOUS
    I am also having problems with a damaged sofa from Sofaland. What you have described is obviously the same line they give to all customers.

    I have a strong feeling that there buying customer rejects from larger retailers and selling onto unsuspecting trusting consumers like us.

    Beware word of advice think twice before buying a sofa from Sofaland in Warrington, Liverpool, on ebay or www.sofaland.com. They are cowboys to say the very least. Customer service is extremely poor. I have been threatened by them. They have tried to bully me as I pursue my legal rights on a sofa I purchased which is now faulty.

    Sofaland's prices are cheap but as a result you get a nasty damaged sofa that will ultimately also become faulty in a short time.
    My lesson was learned the hard way if the price looks too good to be true....... It is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys please
    Every company has its problems but I to had a damaged sofa and it was replaced with the week and I had nothing but good customer service?
    I think its a case of lets tell everyone about what was wrong but all the times it was right goes unnoticed - Just look at the Feedback on Ebay (over 2500 of 5 star feedback - thats impressive in my book).

    ReplyDelete